My Photo
Name:
Location: Dim City, United States

I'm Dim. Who are you?

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Yarn

Around the spindle tight and taut
realize it's all for naught
the green, the golden, amber hue
disguised the one and only you
the string you weave it burns my skin
it ties me stiff from deep within
and chokes out what was meant to be
enslaved by what had made me free
the ruse you show, to knit, to mend
unravel the unfinished end
and leave it tattered, weak, a frayed
mem'ry that has never stayed
so spin a yarn, a tale for me
remind me who you used to be
and why you took yourself away
the moment brightened skies turned grey
and why the spindle, empty, lost
had to forfeit a lofty cost
to hear a lesson taught before
a different master, less is more
if now the eyes can open wide
expose the secret's place to hide
with eyes that can now learn to see
this binding yarn, my liberty.

6 Comments:

Blogger pog mo thoin said...

This is excellent. I like the theme and the choice of words do not miss a beat. I really like it. The rhyming couplets (ooo, don't I sound like I know what I am talking about? NOT) make it easy to do down but the ideas are big. Again, I like it!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Steve H said...

dim, this one is the best yet. like pog said, the pace and the rhyme make the words flow and the words themselves are beautiful.

really nice work.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I really like this one. Great use of imagery.

7:26 AM  
Blogger B. said...

Captivating.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I love it! Dim, you never cease to amaze me. Excellent, excellent poem.

11:23 PM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home