My Photo
Name:
Location: Dim City, United States

I'm Dim. Who are you?

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Broken

In her eyes
she's seen it all
with her eyes
and in her mind
she's thought it all
with her mind
and in her heart
she's felt it all
with her heart
but today she is closed
today
tears race to the ground
today
the questions mount
the answers
the trust
washed away
in sadness
leaving disbelief
behind
to be believed
leaving betrayal
behind
to be swallowed
leaving thievery
behind
to be praised
with the eyes she swears
will never again see
she sees
what was
and what will never be
again
with the mind she swears
will never again think
she thinks
if she is here
only to feel this way
with the heart she swears
will never again feel
she feels
consumed and conquered
and all because
her doll
is broken

8 Comments:

Blogger B. said...

oooh. I like this one.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. I read it three times and every time I like it more.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

i'm with fresh, each time it gets better, but that may be because i'm slow...

keep these coming, brother!

6:10 AM  
Blogger pog mo thoin said...

Wow! I had to change gears so fast at the last line I have whiplash! Great read - keep it up!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

great titles:

Broken
Wander

Is this your signature - use of one word titles? can't wait to find out!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

I always use one word titles, too, Dim. :) Great poem. I don't have time (I'm sorry!) but as soon as I do, I'll read each one numerous times and really get a feeling for your poetry. So far, it's great...but I didn't expect anything less from you!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Mr. A said...

Very nice...

Invokes Robert Hunter's "China Doll" and Springsteen's "She's the One"

Which are good things

2:41 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

hey dim - i forgot to mention, i really dig this one. i'm jealous, man -- you've got a way with words.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home